Monday, May 14, 2012

Hanging my Show, Twigs and Tides

Today was the day.  At 8 am, I showed up at the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, CT, to hang my solo art quilt show, Twigs and Tides.


Here I am loading my work into the car at 7:45 a.m.

 I brought 20 pieces to the show, knowing that only 15 would be able to hang.  I knew it would be hard to weed out 5 of them, but I trusted to the expert eye of UConn Art Curator Linda Webber, who has a good instinct for what looks good with what.  We started out by stacking some of them against the wall and laying others on the floor.



There wasn't enough room for these five pieces:

But the other 15 look great!  Here's a preview:

Helping to hang the show are Mark, on the left, who works for UConn, and Sheila, on the right, who works with the UConn Health Center Auxiliary, the group that handles the nuts and bolts of the art shows.  Sheila said to me, "These aren't your grandmother's quilts!"

Here are Linda, Sheila, and Mark, helping to decide what looks good where.  


PLEASE COME TO MY RECEPTION!
THURSDAY JULY 12
4:30--6 P.M.
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT HEALTH CENTER
263 FARMINGTON AVENUE
FARMINGTON, CT

ONE HALF OF ALL THE PROCEEDS OF SALES FROM THIS SHOW WILL BE DONATED TO
PARTNERS IN HEALTH
Providing medical care for the poorest of the poor in earthquake- and cholera-ravaged Haiti

1 comment: