Sunday, February 9, 2014

Warmest thanks




Warmest thanks to everyone who came to the opening reception for my show, Natural Inspirations, at Hartford's Town and County Club!  So many people from so many parts of my life:  a high school flame, a law school classmate, former co-workers, people from the Unitarian Society of Hartford, book group friends, old friends, new friends, and each of you such a gift!

My daughter Leah took this video.  For those of you who were unable to come, it gives a little of the prevailing ambience. 

Thanks to all of you, the reception was not only a smashing good time, but also a stunning success: not only in turnout, but in the numbers of folks who liked my work enough to acquire some for themselves.

What a surprise to see law school classmate Mary Anne Hoopes, whom I last saw in the early 80's, just after daughter Julia's birth.  She's here from Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.



Here's Michael Scanlon and his wife Eha.  Michael and I were one another's prom dates, back in the day.  Now Michael has gone on to a career in the Peace Corps, followed by one with the foreign service, and a marriage to Eha.  He's going back to  Adana, Turkey in a couple of weeks.

My sister Jerol, on the left, traveled here to Hartford from New York State last weekend to help hang the show last Monday, then stayed the week, during which she and I constructed the jacket she's wearing.  That's Jerol's husband Larry in the middle and our neighbor Margie on the right.
I'm guessing that somewhere between 60 and 100 people were in the room at any one time.  A lovely evening.

2 comments: