Sunday, August 10, 2014

Five Fiber Friends: The Denouement

We Five Fiber Friends saw our long-planned art quilt show come to fruition a week ago, with a reception at Fair Haven Furniture's River Street Gallery.  I remember it as if it were just last Sunday, August 3, 2014.

The food was good...

the entertainment sparkling...
...and good times were had, especially by me, for a number of reasons.  One was that I sold a piece of art at the reception.
I have to say that Low Tide, First Encounter Beach looked great where it was hung at the Gallery:

The second reason why this event was so rewarding for me was that it served as a mini-reunion for a group of my high school friends.  We went to Sacred Heart Academy in the New Haven suburb of Hamden, Connecticut, graduating in 1967.  Here we are after the reception at Adriana's Restaurant on Grand Avenue in New Haven:

L-R Diane Cadrain, Rita Shair, Sue McNerney, Gloria Hudson, Paula Forni
Love ya, ladies! 

And some of my Unitarian Society of Hartford art buddies traveled all the way down the state to see the show.  Love you too, my USH art partners!

L-r Tina Davies, Martha Bradley, Diane Cadrain. Sheri Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment