Thursday, January 11, 2018

This Made My Day!


Something totally unprecedented happened yesterday.  I got a thank-you note from the person who bought Before the Storm!


I made this piece last summer: it's a multi-media piece involving felting, quilting, photo transfer, and  hand embroidery.  Almost immediately, it was accepted into the Provincetown Art Association and Museum's Members' Juried Show.  https://www.paam.org/.  I actually got to visit it on the wall of that gallery at the end of September because the show coincided with our annual Cape Cod vacation.





When someone bought it, the museum wouldn't share the buyer's contact information with me, but they did offer to forward any note I wanted to send.  So I sent the museum a thank-you card and asked them to forward it.  (I always send thank-you notes to my buyers because selling a work is still a Great Big Deal for me).  The museum staff forwarded my note, and yesterday I got a thank-you note from the buyer!  Holy Wowza!

I'm not gonna tell you her name because I don't know whether she would want me to.  But she lives in Wellfleet, MA, on Cape Cod, for part of the year, and in Florida for the rest.  Lucky duck!

Here are a few of the things she said:
 


"With much delight, my husband Doug and I are the owners of your amazing work "Before the Storm".  We are members of PAAM and upon seeing it last fall, we immediately agreed upon its purchase.  Having come to the Cape since the 1970s, we love location-based Cape artwork and we are so pleased to have it.  We appreciated your kind message that PAAM sent on to us.  We have looked online at the gallery of your work and your skill and passion are so very evident in all your work!"

 [...]


"Your mixed-media piece is hung to view every time we come in our Wellfleet front door, a place worthy of the enjoyment it brings us."  

[...]
 


"We'll look forward to the possibility of seeing more of your work at PAAM or elsewhere.  Thanks again for sharing your talent and creativity with us, very much appreciated and enjoyed.


Warmly,   [name].

How about that?  That has never happened before!  She made my day, week, and month!

I had to get that out there.  It was really unprecedented.







No comments:

Post a Comment