Thursday, June 7, 2018

And Now for Something Completely Different

I've been working my little buttsky off lately on a project for a high-stakes art quilt exhibit called Explorations:  Journey Into Creativity.  http://www.saqacallforentryexplorations.com/.   If you've been reading my blog postings, you may have already seen a plethora of information on that endeavor.  And if you've been following that story, you're not going to believe what I decided to do next.  I'm going to tell  you about that, but first, OMG I need a break from it, if for just one evening.

That's why I've decided to put together a little chronological photo show of this year's gardens from the time of the first blooms until today (6.7.18).  I know I'll feel much better when I finish it.  I also hope that anyone who has never seen my gardens up close and personally will love feasting their eyes on them as much as I do.


4.4.18 hellebores (helleborus orientalis)

4.30.18 hellebores and corydalis (helleborus orientalis and corydalis bulbosa)

4.30.18 Virginia bluebells and myrtle (Mertensia Virginica and vinca minor)
5.1.18 epimedium sulphureum and myrtle (vinca minor)

5.5.18 Today's bouquet


5.6.18 Dicentra formosa

5.6.18  Old-fashioned bleeding heart (Dicentra spectabilis)

5.6.18 grape hyacinths (muscari) and euonymus Emerald Gaiety.  Upper right corner, euphorbia dulcis chameleon.

5.10.18 Lamium pink pewter

5.10.18 lilacs

5/10/18 wisteria
5.12.18 Today's bouquet
5.17.18 rhododendron yakusimanum
5.19.18 euphorbia Bonfire

5.19.18 euphorbia Bonfire
5.23.18 Today's bouquet
5.2518 Honeysuckle (Lonicera harlequin)

5.26.18 Helianthemum Wisley Pink
5.27.18 Today's bouquet
5.27.18 First roses (Applejack).
5.28.18 Honeysuckle (Lonicera Harlequin)


5.31.18 Today's bouquet: Joyful, joyful

6.1.18 Snow in Summer (cerastium tomentosum)
6.1.18 baptisia and peonies
6.3.18 plethora of pinks



6.6.18 Heuchera Silver Scrolls, Japanese Painted Fern (athyriun pictum), couple different kinds of lamium

6.6.18 Today's bouquet--Fragrant Delight
6.7.18 Applejack roses
Sometimes people think  I must have a huge yard to have so many plants.  Au contraire.  The lot is 50 x 150, or 7500 square feet--standard lot size for the older part of West Hartford.  An acre is 43,560 square feet.  That makes my puny lot about a fifth of an acre.

Sheesh.

But I do what I can with it.

And it sure felt good to put together that photo show.  Better better better.














































No comments:

Post a Comment