Thursday, March 31, 2011

Working on the clouds

Today I'm creating the clouds for my landscape, "Bearing the Fruit of Justice and Peace" for the United Methodist Church of Hartford.

This is how the clouds appear in my full-size pattern.  That's the Hartford skyline there.  



I found a piece of flannel that had once been used as an angel costume for Julia when she was 3.  I used a scrap of that flannel and traced the outline of the clouds on it, right from the pattern

Then I added two layers of a moire-patterned synthetic sheer from my stash 

Once I had the flannel layered with the sheers, I could use machine satin stitching to outline the clouds
Now the clouds are pinned in place on the landscape.  Next:  adding a few buildings to show the Hartford skyline.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment