Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It turns out that the fruits of peace and justice are peaches

Yesterday I created the fruits for this third banner, "Bearing the Fruits of Peace and Justice."  It turns out that they're peaches.  Here's my thinking:  apples are too much to be expected, oranges would show up wonderfully against the tree but aren't uh...agriculturally correct for Connecticut.  I loved my nephew Michael's suggestion that I reify the concept by shaping a peace sign out of bananas, but bananas would lack credibility in Connecticut.  So I took some of my peachy, orangey fabrics and created this colorful harvest:

The fruits are three-dimensional:  some of them are little stuffed pillows, some are fabric yo-yos.

Now it's time to turn my attention to the batting and backing.  Today I painted the fabric that will become the backing and the sleeve.



No comments:

Post a Comment