Friday, April 8, 2011

NOW I'm talking to PINS???!!!

One of the challenges of this last banner is its sheer size, which presented not only visual and compositional challenges, but also very real physical challenges:  its slippery 7 foot length, its considerable, many-layered heft.

This is a challenge for pins, too, and I'm sorry to say that some of them just aren't up to it.  Witness these spineless pathetic pieces of...uh, steel, for example, which lack the courage to stand up and do what they were made to do:


When I work with one of these bending babies, I tell it to go f*** itself.  They fight back, though:  look at my finger!

Sorry this is so blurry, but trust me, I'm bleedin' here!


Nevertheless, I'm keepin' on keepin' on here.  Today I'm sewing on the binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment